Saturday 18 April 2015

Hey, Swatch It! Essie Sable Collar

Hey y'all!

Today's polish swatch isn't current.  It isn't even seasonal.  It's just beautiful and it was one I thought I'd missed out on but was so pleased to find in a discount bin last month, so I eagerly snapped it up.  May I present the oh-so-lovely Essie Sable Collar.

Swatch and review of Essie Sable Collar.

Sable Collar was part of Essie's Winter 2013 collection, so it's nothing new and because it's so beautiful, it's been swatched all over the universe and back, but that's okay.  It deserves to be shown again.  It has a lovely brown/plum base and a just a hint of a red shimmer, which makes it come alive in sunlight.

Swatch and review of Essie Sable Collar.

These swatches show 2 easy breezy coats, with SV on top.  The formula is what you'd expect from Essie, gliding on and staying put.  In sunlight, the red shimmer really stands up and demands attention! 

Swatch and review of Essie Sable Collar.

This is the kind of shade I long for in a dark "earthy" tone - it's nice and cool but has a neutral underbelly to even it out, and the frosty shimmer adds depth and flare.  I'm so glad I finally crossed this off my lemming list. 

Hope you're all having a great weekend.  Come back Wednesday to see what I with this polish after swatching it!