Monday 16 March 2015

Guest post from Catriona at BGPolish

Hey y'all!

Happy Mani Monday!  Today I'm turning over the reins to one of my best blogger buddies, Cat.  I've talked about Cat before - she's certainly no stranger to this blog, but she's definitely been a godsend to me during the days here when I was grateful to have someone to talk to because all my American girls were either asleep or at work.  She's also a talented young nail blogger in her own rights, so I'm super pleased to have her guest posting here today.

Take it away, Cat!

Hi everyone! I would firstly like to thank Ali for having me over here to talk to you all! My name is Catriona and I post over at BGPolish.

Today I am going to be talking about the colour brown, and showing you a nail art look which can get the brown polish used once and a while. I have seen some brown polishes in the shops and deliberately walked past them, because they look too much like something people shouldn't sling (please tell me you understand this!? Please???) But there is a polish I picked up a while ago now, and whilst I have used this in nail art sometimes (I think?) I have never done a manicure with it as my base colour! So I thought I would have a go. The only thing with this polish that I didn't like was the fact that it had no name. None, nada, nil, zilch. So because there was a number on the back I simply used that to write up this post. If you know what this lonely polish is called please let me know in the comments, I am sure I found it at Poundland, many, many moons ago.

So here is the design I have been on about! I used my brown base which is called Manhattan 69R and for my gold design on top I stamped with Barry M Gold Foil and used Pueen 33 for my stamping plate. I absolutely love this design, and looks like it as well, floral kind of things are totally getting my thumbs up at the moment! (Am I late for the fashion? Probably.) Of course on top of this I used my Seche Vite to cover my design and make it more durable. I absolutely love how this look almost represents the flowers and vines in a garden, laying on a bed of soil, but perhaps this is just my mad imagination going wild again.


I absolutely adore the contrast between these two colours, the gold and brown go so well together, but whilst I say that the brown is a very dark shade, and at a glance could be mistaken for a black polish. I noticed it was rather streaky when used with just one coat, and so this look features two coats of the polish. I will say that I did dent the pinky a little bit, but overall I absolutely love this look. I have also seen more wearable brown polishes on IG etc, where they look like milk chocolate - speaking of chocolate...


Okay, back on track. I have been needing to double stamp on my thumb, and whilst getting used to that has been a pain in life, I do think that this look was a lot easier to continue on down the nail, since it was a little more random and didn't need to follow a specific pattern, but I am getting there with these kinds of stamping techniques. Oh oh oh, I also decided I am going to look high and low for the Messy Mansion Pro Stamping Head Collex. I need this in my life. I am going to buy myself it for my birthday in a couple weeks..



Kay, well I hope you are having a superb day, and I will be back soon!



Thanks Cat!  I love the pairing of brown and gold together, and this is a great sophisticated look!  Makes me think I need to dig out some of my brown polishes and show them some love as well.

Hope you're all off to a great week, and I'll see ya Wednesday!