Friday 13 March 2015

Green and Gold Plunging V Nail Art - NCC Inspired By Fashion

Hey y'all!

It occurred to me a few days ago that I had managed to schedule the entire month of March with posts but neglected to do any St. Patrick's Day looks, a grievous error which I hastened to rectify.  Today of course is NCC Friday, and I decided that I could do a really great green and gold look utilizing a current fashion trend.

St. Patrick's Day nail art of green and gold plunging V designs, inspired by fashion for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

I've been reading a lot of fashion mags lately, and one thing seems to be popping out (pun intended) all over the place of late - the deep, plunging neckline.  While neither I nor most women are likely to be sporting a deep V from neck to navel in our clothing, an easy way to keep on trend is to take it to our fingertips, using only a trio of polishes.

L-R: Barry M Watermelon, Quirk Bitchcraft, Essie Good As Gold
I started this look with a coat of Watermelon on my pinky, index, and thumb nails, which I then topped with a dab-n-drag coat of Bitchcraft, one of my cherished Quirk polishes from right at the end of the line.  This pretty baby has tiny matte black hexes and larger blue and green holo hexes in a clear base. 

St. Patrick's Day nail art of green and gold plunging V designs, inspired by fashion for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

I then went to work on my middle and ring fingers, to actually recreate the deep V using a liner brush to create the shape of the V and then filling in with the bottle brush.  This leaves a good chunk of exposed nail, including a bit of free edge in my case, which feels just as dangerous as exposing the full cleft of my bosom.  Okay, maybe that's a bit far, but you get the point.

St. Patrick's Day nail art of green and gold plunging V designs, inspired by fashion for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

To finish the look, I used the liner brush again line the inside edges of the V on my exhibitionist nails with Good As Gold, effectively carrying that shape over the glitter to pull the whole look together.

Be sure to check out the other "Inspired by Fashion" looks in the inlinkz below!





Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend, and I will see you tomorrow!