Wednesday 18 March 2015

Aquatic Houndstooth - WIDW

Hey y'all!

Hope you're all recovering from green beer-fueled benders last night, because of course that means the luck o' the Irish is with you!  Today's What I Did Wednesday features the swatch of OPI Get Your Number that I swatched on Saturday, with some stamped gradient nail art on top.

Gradient stamped houndstooth print over blue textured glitter base nail art.

To create the gradient houndstooth pattern, I added three drops of polish to the edge of the stamping image on the MoYou London Fashionista 09 plate - Konad White and Barry M Key Lime and Cardamom.  I then scraped the image several times to blend the colors together into a seamless gradient before picking the image up and applying it over Get Your Number.

Gradient stamped houndstooth print over blue textured glitter base nail art.

I have really been loving stamping over textured polishes lately and this is no exception.  I also love playing with variations on a standard - whereas houndstooth is typically a 2-color print, I really wanted to make it pop out a bit by adding the gradient and I think it was successful.

Gradient stamped houndstooth print over blue textured glitter base nail art.

As always I would love to hear your thoughts on this twist on an old favorite pattern down in the comments.  Enjoy the rest of your week, and I'll see ya soon!