Saturday 31 January 2015

31DC-D31 - Your Signature Style

Hey y'all!

OHPRAISEDOT I can't believe I finished a 31-Day Challenge!  I am truly astonished that I managed to keep up with it, ON TIME no less, and managed to get every prompt done in time for a 10 AM posting the following morning, despite not getting that head-start I intended back in December.  Needless to say, the month of January has flown by and here we are on the final prompt, My Signature Style.  I was a bit confuddled by this one as I really don't consider myself to have developed a signature style as of yet, but there were aspects that I knew I would need to incorporate.  With a little inspiration from my kitchen apron, I was able to develop this look.

Signature style nail art black and white damask with black half moons and bright green detail, topped with a bow and a crystal.

This look began with two coats of Pure Ice Superstar!, my go-to white base polish.  When it was dry, I stamped the damask pattern from MoYou London Fashionista plate 07 with Konad Black on all nails.

Signature style nail art black and white damask with black half moons and bright green detail, topped with a bow and a crystal.

I then colored in the half moons at the cuticle (and convex French tip on my ring finger) with MUA Pitch Black.  With a small striping brush, I lined the moons with Essie Mojito Madness, and drew a bow on the accent nail, which I then topped with a bit of bling - a 6SS Swarovski crystal.

Signature style nail art black and white damask with black half moons and bright green detail, topped with a bow and a crystal.

As I said, I'm not sure what my signature style actually is, but I like to think that it is fun and visually striking, with some bling, and it probably uses a stamping set, if we're being perfectly honest.  This look ticks all the boxes, so it must be a fit, right?   

Check out more bloggers' Signature Styles in the inlinkz below.




Big huge thanks to Debbie "The Crumpet" for organizing this 31-Day Challenge.  It has been a true test of my skills, my endurance, my patience, and my cotton swabs/balls/pads and polish remover supplies!

Hopefully understandably, I'm not falling immediately back into my MWFS posting schedule this week - I will have a few posts coming, but I'm going to baby my nails and cuticles for a few days and also prepare a giveaway, because whilst I was busy doing this challenge, we reached 800 Facebook fans and 500 IG followers!  That's huge for my silly little nail art blog, and I definitely want to celebrate!  Stay tuned for those details. 

In the meantime, please have a happy and safe weekend, and I will see you SOON (not tomorrow... that feels weird)!