Wednesday 28 January 2015

31DC-D28 - Non-Glitter Topper

Hey y'all!

We're so close to the end of the 31-Day Challenge now that I can almost smell it, but that may have something to do with pain killers for my tooth affecting my ability to sense things properly.  The good news is that the dentist will see me this afternoon, and with a bit of luck I'll have my wits about me enough to finish the month and get ready for the beginning of February, when I'll be launching a new giveaway, so stay tuned for that!  Today's prompt for the challenge is Non-Glitter Toppers, and that gave me the perfect opportunity to play with some new goodies in my stash.

Iridescent stamping over velvet matte texture polish.

I got so excited last week when I saw this display in Boots that I almost cried before hastily snatching all three shades up.  For weeks now, Anne has been taunting us with swatches and nail art of these Sally Hansen Velvet Texture polishes, but they were previously only available in the US (like just about everything else new and exciting from SH).  It appears as though two of the colors are the same (Lavish and Velveteen), but the UK release is missing a couple of blue shades (Regal and Plush), and the purple shade is a different tone (US Crushed versus UK Velour). Frankly, life is not a bowl of cherries for UK nail polish addicts, but at least they throw us a bone once in a while.

L-R: Sally Hansen Velour, Lavish, and Velveteen, China Glaze Rainbow

I started with two coats of Velveteen on my index, thumb, and pinky, two coats of Velour on my middle finger, and two coats of Lavish on my ring finger.  I love the way these textured polishes quickly dry down to a fine textured matte finish! 

Iridescent stamping over velvet matte texture polish.

To fulfill the topper portion of the challenge, I grabbed my VL009 plate and quickly stamped on the water-marble image in Rainbow.  I was hoping I'd see a lot more difference in how Rainbow reacted over the base colors, but I'm still tickled that it has such a lovely iridescent lilac shine, since it just looks pearly white in the bottle.

Iridescent stamping over velvet matte texture polish.

I was so very truly sad to remove this look that I almost ended up finishing the challenge on my practice hand!

To see more examples of non-glitter toppers, check out the inlinkz below.




Hope you're all having a happy humpday, and I'll see ya tomorrow!