Tuesday 16 September 2014

Avast Ye Bilge Rats Pirate Nail Art Challenge Day 2: Oceans

Ahoy, me hearties!

Today we be look'n to the depths o' Davey Jones' locker fer inspiration, because, ye scurvy dogs, today's theme be Oceans!

A derelict ghost pirate ship, sailing on turbulent stormy seas nail art for the Avast Ye Bilge Rats pirate-themed nail art challenge.

Now I'm no old salt when it comes to stamping, so I often find myself putting a black spot on my nails when stamping goes wrong.  In this instance, however, I really like the way that scallywag stamper applied!  All images came from my VL023 plate.

A derelict ghost pirate ship, sailing on turbulent stormy seas nail art for the Avast Ye Bilge Rats pirate-themed nail art challenge.

I set sail with a coat of Barry M Damson and then saran-marbled Barry M Huckleberry and Guava on all nails but my ring finger.  Underneath the pirate ship is a saran marble of Guava and Milani Cyberspace.   After topcoating, I stamped the turbulent waves and wind gusts in Konad White, and my pirate ship in Konad Black.

A derelict ghost pirate ship, sailing on turbulent stormy seas nail art for the Avast Ye Bilge Rats pirate-themed nail art challenge.

As you can see, t' images didn't pick up completely and thar be big gapin' holes in t' frame o' t' ship. This be probably t' result o' t' new stamper I be usin' (but didn't prime first). I noticed that it happened a bit on yesterday's nails as well, but not until I got into photo editin'. I'll o' course be fixin' t' problem smartly, but I think here it makes it look like a derelict ghost ship, hauntin' t' stormy seas. I be okay with that.

Hope you're enjoyin' this week's nail art so far. I've actually been enjoyin' meself doin' t' nubbin nails. I'll o' course be grateful when I have some length again, but it's definitely an experience that I be enjoyin'. I would love t' hear your thoughts on what I've done so far!

Naturally, if you'd like to see more Oceans themed nail art, check out the inlinkz below.



Hope you're all having a great week, and I'll see ya tomorrow!