Friday 11 July 2014

Video Games: Embrace Your Geekness Challenge

Hey y'all!

Sometimes when you're so intently working a project, you don't quite see when you've reached the finish line.  Such is the case with today's nail art, inspired by video games for the Embrace Your Geekness Challenge.


So let's start by saying that I used VL005 for the Tetris board, and MJXII for the other three nails.  Without going into a whole lot of explanation about what happened here, suffice it to say that I had a bunch of video game themed stamping images, and I decided that making them into decals was a good idea.  Honestly it would have all been fine... had I not decided to be "true to the game" and put them on black backgrounds.


Once I had painstakingly filled in all the tiny details on the Tetris board and the Mario and Frogger figures, I realized that to make those colors show up on black, I would have to put a white background behind them.  Not only did this make them take much longer to dry, but it also gave me a whole mess of overfill that I couldn't quite trim off no matter what I did.  Then, when I was applying the Tetris board, the decal started ripping and I tried my best to squish it back on, but it's all distorted and gross anyway.  You win some, you lose some, and I think I hit half and half on these.

I'm not really a video game geek anyway, though I did play all of these games pretty regularly as a kid.

Check out the inevitably better attempts at video game nail art in the inlinkz below.



Hope you're all having a fantastic Friday and I will see you tomorrow!

Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?