Saturday 19 July 2014

Hey Swatch It! Claire's Cobalt

Hey y'all!

Today I've got another hot polish to show you!  Most of us gals already know that Claire's is a great place to go for inexpensive accessory items for girls of all ages, but did you know they also have their own line of nail polishes?  I was only vaguely familiar with the brand until I did some online shopping to find the perfect neon blue, which led me to Cobalt.


I was immediately drawn in by the label on the bottle which proclaimed this polish to be fluorescent.  It's definitely quite dazzling to me!  To ensure that I'd get the brightest possible results, I applied Cobalt over a white base.


Formula-wise, I'm going to call this a firm "okay."  It took 3 coats to get an even, unblemished application, and the polish is a little on the thick side.  However, I've definitely up put with needing that many coats from other makers (if not more) for the sake of a beautiful polish, and I think this qualifies. 



Also of note: this is the natural finish of this polish.  I didn't have to use topcoat to get that reflective shine. 


Overall I'm quite pleased with this polish.  It definitely has a touch of day-glo about it, and it made a beautiful base color for me to swatch Star Tar, which eventually ended up in a highly patriotic challenge mani.  Results like that don't lie!  Though this is the first Claire's polish I've owned, I suspect it will not be the last, although I will probably stick to ordering online.  Unfortunately every time I attempt to look at the polishes in-store, the noise of bratty little girls and loudly-pumped pop music kind of gives me a migraine.  Beyond that, it seems like the displays are always about 2 feet shorter than my optimal viewing level, and I hate stooping down just to browse polish shades.  Win some, lose some. 

Hope you're all having a fantastic Saturday, and I'll see ya tomorrow!

Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?