Sunday 13 July 2014

Colour Me Crazy: Red Hearts Tips

Hey y'all!

Quickie double-post today for two reasons.  First off, the British Nail Bloggers have started a new weekly challenge centered around colors, and this first week is all RED!  I am sooo late to the ball game on this one, but I'm gonna sneak in really quick before the linkup closes.  Secondly, I wanted to announce that I won 2nd place in BGPolish's first week of nail art competitions with my duochrome lace mani, so I will receive a 30% off coupon for Dark Metal Lacquers, a UK indie.  So that's cool.  Anyway... to kick off the Colour Me Crazy challenge, here's my tribute to red.

Red Heart Tips Nail Art

For my red look, I started with two coats of Finger Paints Vintage Glam.  On my ring finger, I then added a glitter mix sent by my friend Kerrie that she calls Valar Morghulis.

Red Heart Tips Nail Art

As I'm unveiling a new nail shape with this post as well, I thought it would be a prime time to make hearts on my tips.  I did so using the bottle brush of Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar on all nails.

Red Heart Tips Nail Art

Unfortunately the contrast wasn't quite stark enough to really make those hearts *pop*, so I outlined them with black acrylic paint and a fine detail brush. 

Red Heart Tips Nail Art

Everything is sealed in under Barry M Matte Topcoat, which was a new matte for me but I'm quite pleased with its performance.

If you want to see the rest of the RED nail art looks from this week, check out the inlinkz below.


An InLinkz Link-up

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and I'll see ya soon!

Also, before you leave... have you entered the Nail Polish Bloggers Connection Group Giveaway yet?