Thursday 26 June 2014

Texas Sunset nail art

Hey y'all!

I was looking through my very small "vault" and came across these nails that I was so proud of when I did them, and managed to not have time that week to post them, so I wanted to share them with you.  This look is a bit of an homage to my homesickness, because I know my friends back home are soaking up a lot of heat and some beautiful burnt orange sunsets this time of year.

Texas Sunset nail art

This manicure began with two coats of Literary Lacquer's More Like Fire Than Light, a beautiful burnt orange holo that I swatched for you a few weeks ago.  I pulled out my Cici & Sisi plate 11 and created a gradient stamp of the horizontal bands using OPI Chop-Sticking To My Story and A-Piers To Be Tan.  Then I grabbed the folding chair and umbrella image from the same plate and stamped it with China Glaze Up All Night.  Unfortunately this image is just a bit large for my nails but I was happy to at least capture the lawn/beach chair.  Altogether this look definitely reminds me of sitting out on Lake Travis at sunset, soaking up those hot, dying rays.

Texas Sunset nail art

Hope you guys will forgive my homesick nostalgia, and are having a great week!

I'll see ya soon!


Also, before you leave... have you entered the giveaway yet?