Saturday 17 May 2014

Hey Swatch It! Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens

Hey y'all!

In an effort to clear out my untrieds so they can find permanent homes with their brethren, I bring you a polish today that I've been hanging onto for a while because I was waiting for sunnier weather.  Please meet Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens.

Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens swatch


This is a lovely minty cyan shade.  Not QUITE green but not quite blue, but somewhere right in the middle and full of pastel yummy.  These photos show two coats with topcoat.

Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens swatch

I only have 2 or 3 Nails Inc polishes in my collection, but overall I find them to be good, stable polishes with lovely finishes, if they can be a bit sheer.  Dry time and wear time was good.

Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens swatch

This is a lovely on-trend shade this season, and I'm seeing lots of minty shades running through the fashions, although this particular polish is not recent - I picked it up in a blog sale.  The sticker on the bottle makes me laugh for that very reason - is pastel mint showing up as a trend shade every spring, or did Nails Inc just really want this to be a trend shade when they released the polish?  The mystery continues...

Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens swatch

Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens swatch

I find that my swatch posts are getting less and less wordy.  Is that because I hate repetition?  Possibly.  It's also possible that I've just got less to say about plain swatches and want to reserve my enthusiasm for nail art and other posts.

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend.  As for me, I'm in talks right now for a very exciting project coming up, and I hope to be able to release some details for you soon, so keep your fingers crossed!


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I do love a cliffhanger! Sounds exciting :) This is a gorgeous colour too - I've never bought Nails Inc but received a fair few as gifts and I'm a bit 50/50 with the brand, but this one might be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly never find unique shades with them, I think. Its not that I find them particularly obnoxious or anything, but if I can find the same color in the same consistency for half the price, well...

      Delete
  2. Nails inc is a brand I use a lot! I get them in gifts a lot, and I think they are reasonably. Loving the cyan shade, beautiful!

    Check out my post about hair problems: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/my-hair-problems-blogger-challenge-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is one GORGEOUS colour I love it! It's so fresh looking! I only have a red Nails Inc polish, and I do love it, I'm surprised I haven't bought more! Maybe I will now :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if ever there was an incentive to buy more polish, it's reading blog swatch posts. :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!