Tuesday 6 May 2014

Aquatic sparkle feat all ELF product - TPTC

Hey y'all!

If you celebrated Star Wars Day on Sunday, let me start by reminding you to fear the Revenge of the Sixth.  We've entered a new month of Tri-Polish Tuesdays, and this month the colors have gotten substantially less friendly to work with.  This month we'll be featuring nail art using purple, red, and green polishes, and I'm a bit worried about that!  This week I decided to attempt to do another all-ELF polish look, but I didn't really have a planned design in mind.  I just sort of picked three polishes and went with it!



I love how the overall effect actually makes the green look very teal blue!  Total application was quick and only required the use of a fan brush.

L-R: elf Mint Cream, Love Me, Party Purple
I started with a single coat of Mint Cream on all my nails. Once that was dry, I used a fan brush to apply Party Purple horizontally across the nails.  This technique is really fast and hard to futz.  The only thing to remember is to make sure you don't have too much polish on the brush, so dab the excess off before you swipe.


Once the purple dried, I dabbed/stroked on Love Me, which is a multitude of red glitters inside a clear base.  Application was fairly smooth and I didn't have to mess around with it too much.  I rather intentionally laid it on a bit light on my pinky and then got progressively heavier with glitter on each sequential nail, almost as though the glitter fades off.  This effect could have been a bit more pronounced, but I didn't want to overkill it.


Admittedly this isn't my favorite nail art look ever, but it doesn't clash as bad as I thought it would, and I've actually worn it on both hands out in public!  This was the mani I sported for a day out shopping in Cardiff.


Hope you're all having a fantastic week and I'll see you tomorrow with more nail art!





7 comments:

  1. Today is the first day I take part in this challenge! Eeek. But I thought the colours werent too hard to work with. Also I have heard alot of hype over elf products, so I bought some and Im waiting on them being delivered!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear what you think. Was it all polish or did you get some makeup as well?

      Delete
  2. Yay! You actually made the three colors work together! It's simple but pretty! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you. It was NOT EASY, let me tell you! I think the glitter is kind of cheating on my part though, so... anyway.

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out!! Like you, I was freaking out when I saw the color choices!! In a way, it made me think out of the box and I liked that! It's good to exercise the old brain every now and then. Now to think what I'm going to do for next week, another challenge LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, next week, EXACTLY! LOL! However, that's why it's called a challenge, I spose. Thank you so much, though, and I can't wait to see what you've done!

      Delete
  4. Haha Star Wars day was awesome xD I loved both of your ideas... and still digging this sea water-like background you have here. I'm not sure about the glitter because I might've just preferred it with the colours you've used. I've never tried Elf products either, but it looks good!

    Check out my nail art attempt: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/love-notd.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!