Thursday 10 April 2014

Coral under the sea - GOT Polish

Hey y'all!

Lookie!  I'm dipping my toes back into Goldie Oldies Thursday!  This week's prompt is Coral, and I took that as an opportunity to give tribute to both the color and the sea creature with my nail art.


This look was fairly fun and easy and only required four polishes.

L-R: elf Skinny Jeans, Rimmel Too Cool to Tango, Pure Ice Superstar!, elf Fire Coral
I started by applying one coat of Superstar! to all my nails.  Technically speaking this polish doesn't qualify as an oldie because I just bought it, but I wasn't thinking about that when I just needed a plain white creme as a base color to build on.  Since none of it is actually showing on the nail, maybe I'm okay?


I then created the sponge gradient using Too Cool to Tango and Skinny Jeans on all but my ring finger.  This took about two coats to get it nice and blended.  My ring finger has two coats of Fire Coral, which is a gorgeous deep red-toned coral. 


Originally I tried to stamp the quasi-coral pattern from BM313, but Fire Coral wasn't quite opaque enough to stamp well over the blue, so I essentially laid the stamp down as a guide and then went back in with my detail brush to deepen and darken the pattern.  In hindsight, this probably worked out better for me because the "imperfections" make each nail just a little bit different - just like real coral.


All in all, I kind of like the look of doing the nail art on all my nails and then having the "accent" nail be straight-up polish, but I'm aware of my own weirdness.  What do you think?

Be sure to check out the other GOT Polish looks below, and who knows?  Maybe I'll have another GOT post for you next week too.  Have a great weekend!




7 comments:

  1. Love it! It really looks underwater-ish and reminds me of the movie the Little Mermaid. I like the combination of adding a statement nail in there too <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/divergent-movie-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's exactly what I was going for. I even had the Little Mermaid songs running through my head as I was doing them, LOL! Thank you!

      Delete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!