Thursday 20 February 2014

Bend ahead: GOT Polish Chevrons

Hey y'all!

It's time for another round of TBT with the Golden Oldies Thursday Polish Challenge.  This week's theme is chevrons!  Since I'm still deeply embroiled in getting my driving test passed, I can think of no other interpretation of chevron than as a road sign.  So that's what you get.  Road chevrons.


I started with two coats of Wet 'n' Wild Fantasy Makers Yellow Creme, which is ungodly old.  As in, I think I bought it before the turn of the millennium.  You're getting pre-Y2K polish here, folks.  Savor the smell of all those chemicals they don't put in our shiz anymore.


The chevrons were done with two different black polishes.  On two fingers, I free-handed them using my Kiss black striper.  On the other three fingers, I used cellophane tape to mark off my V's and then filled them in using Maybelline Onyx Black.  Can you tell which is which?


Thank you for pretending that it at least took a minute to figure it out.  LOL.


After I had painted these, hubby came up to bug me about how much time I spend in my cave, but I flashed my hands at him and he got all excited.  He likes them glossy, but I definitely wanted to see how they looked matted.


Personally I think they look better with the matte finish, but it's possible they look more like real road signs with the glossy finish.


Also of consequence: my OPI Matte Topcoat is getting gooey.  I had a couple of problems with white specks, so I dropped in some thinner and cleaned the bottle neck and brush really well, but it probably means I should at least start looking for a new matte.  Anyone have any suggestions?


I also sent a picture of these to my driving instructor because I knew she'd get a giggle out of them.  She did.

So that wraps up this week's nail art challenges.  Hope you've been enjoying them.  I should be back on Saturday with another Hey Swatch It!  See ya then!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, love this mani. The yellow really pops with the black chevron on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! It really makes a statement, huh?

      Delete
  2. Ok, these are awesome! I love it matte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! I'm so glad we think alike! :)

      Delete
  3. I like that you did the chevrons sideways! It's a unique twist on a popular design!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply whenever I have time. Thanks for reading and interacting with me!